Goals to meet for the silver horse shoe in the English riding manual
- I know some new parts of the horse’s body.
- I know the horse coats of two separate colours.
- I know the horse’s family.
- I know how to take care of my horse’s hooves.
Handling a horse
- I know how to safely approach a horse in his box stall
- I know how to take a horse into his box stall.
- I know how to turn my horse right from the ground.
- I know how to back my horse up from the ground.
- I can put on and remove the halter.
- I can remove the bridle.
- I know the different items that make up the rider’s attire.
- I can tighten the girth from the saddle.
- I can ask my horse to trot.
- I can do the posting trot.
- I know the natural and artificial aids.
- I know the most common faults in the rider’s position.
- I know several riding terms.