Hello, we can’t wait to meet some new children and welcome back morning members! Don’t forget we start up this coming Saturday March 6th for drop off at 9:00AM – 11:00AM. Please pick up promptly at 11:00AM to allow for a smooth transition to our afternoon group. This is a pick up and drop off program, only students enrolled in the program are allowed in the barn. We will have a quick tour this coming week for NEW STUDENTS ONLY at 8:45AM so that 1 parent may come in with your child to have a look around.
What to know:
Masks must be worn at all times and you may check out the current changing covid policies at any time by clicking our Covid Tab
- The property also runs as a cash crop and cattle farm, EVERYONE must remain in the horse barn and barn parking area only
- We do not allow phones during the program, they are very distracting, if you bring a phone it must be left in your cubby, photos or videos are not to be placed on any social media except when consent is given at appropriate times for those favorite pictures. We have a Private Group on Facebook, search McNab Riding School and request access to the closed group, we share a lot of information and pictures on this group
- We will provide a wash station at the front door when our water is off, if the water is on our sink is fully functional with hot water and antibacterial soap in the tack room for frequent hand washing
- Morning members are provided with shared cubbies to place their items. You may use these cubbies to leave helmets, brushes, and other horse items at the barn for your convenience – all items are to be labelled with your child’s name to lessen the lost and found box and absolutely no food is to be left in these cubbies – all use of cubbies is at your own risk, McNab will not be responsible for lost items
- Our membership program is a horsemanship program with focus on learning the basics of Horse Language, Safety, the care of the Horse, Grooming, and getting ready to ride! We do have time in the saddle playing games, taking turns on and off with basic coaching for starting out riders however this is not the main focus of this program, all guaranteed riding time comes with the Instructional Program where lessons are included on your scheduled weeknight.
What you need:
- WINTER BOOTS! Rubber and Paddock boots are not warm enough for spring mornings, you can bring them with you and change into them if needed for riding. Please come dressed with warm comfortable clothing with a hat, mitts or gloves, boots and a thin balaclava if you have one. Although our lounge is heated we spend most of the time in the barn which is just as cold as the outside air
- We keep a stocked fridge of Gatorade, water, snacks for our 10 minute breaks, a little tuck money if wanted for those who do not have a McNab Card (see details below)
- We keep many helmets of all sizes in stock, feel free to bring your own if you have one.
- All waivers must be signed, if any are missing I will send an email over the next few days to inform you what if any are missing. I apologize if you had done it and it’s still missing, sometimes the website is unstable, especially when there are multiple people on it at the same time
Our Website Learning Portal
- A username will be provided for each child to our student portal which will give you access to our McNab Level 1 course. This course focuses on safety and basic rules of the barn which students will learn in the beginning but also handy for parents to be aware of these basics as well
- We are busy working on getting the next levels available to the higher level students
- As a parent of a member you will soon have access to our Member Zone Tab where we keep relevant and current information of all programs and coming events available to our members only
- We keep McNab Cards just like a Timmy’s card that you may stock some tuck money on, the cards are labelled and kept on the wall in the lounge for easy access. We only allow IOU’s for children with cards so the cards can be processed sometime during the week at a quieter time and receipts are sent automatically by text or email whichever you prefer
- To purchase a card just send in an amount of cash you would like to pre-load on the card and we will prepare the card immediately
- If you do not wish to have a card items can be purchased with cash on hand only
- There is a card balance checker on the member zone page of our site where you may keep track, you will be sent your number upon loading card
- If you have registered online by now you should have received an invoice for the respective program. An e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or check payable to McNab Riding School in full by March 6th will qualify for a 2% discount
- Credit Card payment directly from the invoice emailed
- Or if you wish the monthly option, we offer 6 equal monthly payments to our regular members, if you are new just starting this March you may pay 50% of your invoice by March 6th and bring with you the remaining equal payments by Post-dated checks only for April 1, May 1, and June 1