See Details below before submitting your lease request at bottom of this page.
Introducing Lease Changes 2021
As we approach the new year, it’s time to think about upcoming partnerships for 2021.
With so many changes that have taken place this year between Covid and the outrageous increase in hay I have struggled to find a new program to balance without increasing monthly budgets.
The students in the Leasing program have surpassed the benefits of membership and it will no longer be included with a leasing program. In the past membership was included with leasing to accommodate our young children and was a value add to the cost of leasing. Simply put, once a student is able to come to the barn unstaffed, they do not require a staff member as they can come at their own leasure anyways. Staffed membership needs to be with children who require the staff. Now, especially with number quotas in effect coupled with major expense increases this new programming is the only way to move forward.
New in 2021 the membership program will be reduced to a 16 week per term session no longer included with Leases. There will be no membership in the months of January, February, July, & August allowing space for leasers to continue their Growth & Development as we will be offering more specialized and in-depth Clinics during this time.
We have tailored the leasing programs to look very similar although the naming structure has changed for simplicity.
Understanding Leasing Terms
|Type||Contract term||Maximum Rides per Week (not including lessons or clinics)||Monthly Cost||Lessons Included per Term||Clinic/Event Priority Level|
|Full Lease (FL)||1 year Jan 1 – Dec 31||5||$500||12||Full/Only|
|Priority Lease (PL)**Formerly competitive lease**||1 year Jan 1 – Dec 31||2||$260||12||First|
|Non-Priority Lease (NPL)**Formerly Non-Competitive Lease**||6 Months Jan 1 – June 30 & July 1 – Dec 31||1 Scheduled Ride Friday Evenings (unless otherwise scheduled with PL)||$220||12||Second|
What will the Riding Calendar Look Like?
For the year, the Calendar will be left open for booked lease rides very similar to the way it has been for the past several months whereas:
Monday & Tuesday nights will have at least one slot at varying times
Wednesday & Thursday Closed during the 12 week lesson evenings
Friday at least one slot open
Saturdays after 3pm or 1pm where there are no birthdays or other special events
Sundays open (unless PL has horse away for day)
Summer and Holiday open around camps and/or competitions
Available Leases by Category
|Pumpkin||Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Picasso||Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Max||Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Ransome||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
|Bear||Not Available||Available||Not Available|
Rules & Guidelines
Although your contract will outline all of the leasing rules & Guidelines it is important to know the following regarding Riding Alone
- Riders under 16 must be accompanied by an adult while mounted
- Riders 16+ must be accompanied by another lease rider (Ride Buddy)
- Riders 18+ may ride alone although it is recommended to have a cell phone with you at all times.
- All Lease Riders have access to the trails (Long Track Area only) meaning you are to stay on our side of the Golf Course Road Field
- All staff and Riders 18+ may have access to all of the trail system
- No jumping of any kind is ever allowed without Cindi or Lauren
IN THE EVENT HORSE IS DEEMED UNUSABLE BY MCNAB DUE TO SICKNESS, LAMENESS, OR OTHER ISSUE:
- If the horse were determined lame or ill and needed rest for over a 3 week period the contract would become discontinued unless another suitable mount could be replaced . Suitability must be agreed by both parties.
- Horse is owned by McNab Riding School and lease may be terminated by McNab Riding School at any time if it is found that the rider is not suitable for the agreement. Ie Rider is not following barn rules, not following the lesson plan for their practice rides, or it is determined they are not treating the horse or pony with the appropriate care and respect.
IN THE EVENT HORSE BECOMES UNSUITABLE FOR RIDER:
- If the horse’s disposition should change deeming horse unsuitable for safety reasons every attempt will be made to replace horse either on a short-term basis or to finish out term of contract. If horse may not be replaced contract may be terminated by either party.
IN THE EVENT HORSE NEEDS REST SHORT TERM:
- From time to time a horse may need rest for various reasons including changes in weather, a long competition schedule, or a short-term illness or lameness. This is a natural part of horse care and training and sometimes necessary for the well-being of the horse, sometimes at the most inconvenient times ie. An upcoming show. In this event the horse will be the first priority and McNab will make every attempt to replace horse on a short term basis to lessen any loss of ride time but this can not be a guarantee. This scenario is not a valid reason for lease termination.