Goals to meet for the gold horse shoe in the English riding manual
- I know the parts of the horse’s head.
- I know the coats of 2 or 3 mixed colours.
- I know all the steps in grooming a horse.
- I know what the farrier does.
- I know how to muck out a horse’s stall.
- I know how to take care of a horse during the winter.
- I know the parts of the saddle.
- I can adjust the length of my stirrups.
- I can bridle my horse.
- I can post the trot on the correct diagonal.
- I can do a sitting trot.
- I know how to do upward and downward transitions.
- I know the two-point position.
- I know how to do a crest release.
- I know the rules for safety in the arena