Goals to meet for the bronze horse shoe in the English riding manual
- I know the main parts of the horse’s body.
- I know the solid coats.
- I know how to recognize my horse’s mood.
- I can groom my horse.
Handling a horse
- I know the safety rules to respect in the stable aisle.
- I know how to safely approach a horse in the stable aisle.
- I know how to handle my horse on the ground.
- I know the different pieces of the basic tack.
- I can saddle and unsaddle my horse, with help if necessary.
- I can mount, with help if necessary.
- I can dismount.
- I know how to recognize a good position when a rider is at the walk.
- I can walk my horse.
- I can halt my horse from the walk.
- I can turn my horse at the walk.